Infrastructure and energy
We act for promoters, landowners, investors, authorities and other interested parties providing advice on the planning and compulsory purchase aspects a wide range of energy and infrastructure projects.
- For promoters we can provide effective strategic and technical advice to achieve a robust and practical consent for the project while minimising risk of challenge;
- For landowners and promoters we have extensive and specialist experience of promoting CPOs and dealing with compensation claims;
- For any affected parties we can provide support and advice on participation in the consenting process, objections and legal challenge;
- For authorities and landowners we can draw on our extensive experience of negotiating section 106 and other relevant agreements;
- For investors, we work seamlessly as part of your transaction team to carry out due diligence and provide advice on planning issues for finance and M&A transactions;
As a team, we benefit from experience across a wide range of sectors such as aviation, health, R&D, road, rail, tunnel, port and logistics schemes and energy projects including nuclear, on-shore and off-shore wind, solar, CHP, carbon capture and storage and biofuel.
What’s another year? – By Simon Ricketts
An upwards struggle for upwards extension permitted development rights – By Amy Carter